Tomorrow is moving day!
And while I thought I could pack up my entire life, handle a long list of errands, and also keep writing and sharing online, I may have been expecting a bit too much of myself.
This process has been a constant exercise in ‘letting go’. I’ve shipped some books and files, but whatever else is coming with me has to fit in my car. And while the Prius fits quite a lot, I’m being forced to make some tough decisions on what to carry forward with me into this new chapter.
I’m also looking at my expectations and the demands I’ve been placing on myself… Where I’m pushing too hard and not resting enough.
So since the Word of the Week is on hiatus until Sunday, October 28th, I invite you to spend a little time this week checking in with yourself around what you’re carrying and how you’re treating yourself:
- What expectations do I have for myself on a daily/weekly basis?
- Can I realistically (and sanely) do all that I think I need to do?
- What are my top priorities?
- What can I let go of?
- When I look around my home, do I use/love/value the stuff I have?
- Can I pick 5 or more things to donate this week and let them go, knowing someone else will enjoy them?
- How can I be kinder to myself?